A Buddhist Podcast – Letter to the Brothers – August 2010
Welcome to another show! It has been a really long time, thank you for bearing with us. Jason has new work that requires a lot of hours and travel that we are still getting used to!
On tonights show we have a lecture on the letter that Nichiren Daishonin wrote to the Ikegami brothers in 1275, its called simply, “Letter to the Brothers”. Tonights lecture is based on President Ikeda’s lecture from SGI Newsletter 7832 and subjects include:
- Buddhism is about overcoming negativity
- Walking the talk, the first three presidents of the Soka Gakkai
- The Dad, the priest, the wives and the brothers
- Faith is believing in peoples greatness
- We lose because of fear and influence
- We win because of wisdom and courage
- Three obstacles and four devils
- Will power is not enough
- United in purpose
- Master your mind
- Change within creates change without
We have wonderful experiences from Jay Osburn in Michigan (The artwork for this episode is of Charley) and Gerald White in Las Vegas in the US. We have shoutouts that really span the world and of course music. On tonights show we play Days of Summer by Now is Now and Lucky Day by Stavia, both courtesy of the Podsafe Music Network on musicalley.com
We send you our very best for a truly wonderful week and thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all your support and encouragement!